Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I paint smooth (unpixleated) lines in Photoshop without a tablet?

I'm having trouble painting lines (inking a webcomic) in Photoshop. I've been trying to paint in a large resolution and then shrink it down to publish, but the lines are still jagged/pixelated on my outlines. I've also tried playing with the hardness of the brush and size. Nothing is helping.





Do I need a tablet to control pressure and thus brush size? Or is there a trick to clean lines one can do with only a mouse? Thanks.Can I paint smooth (unpixleated) lines in Photoshop without a tablet?
It would be much easier to do it with a graphic tablet. Doing it with a mouse is just insane. Why don't you ink it by hand, then scan it at a large resolution, then shrink it? I can guarantee that the results will look a thousand times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment