Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I get rounded edges on my picture in photoshop?

Please hellppp!!How do I get rounded edges on my picture in photoshop?
If you are talking about a vignette effect there are plugins you can use OR more easily and better IMHO ...


1.) In Photoshop, Open an image of your choice.


2.) Click on the Retangular Marquee tool (may be visible already) and draw a Selection at the points you would like the fade to take effect. Experiment with placement and larger radii in the next step for greater/lesser effect.


3.) Go to Select %26gt; Feather (Alt + Ctrl + D) Dialog box will appear. Enter a value. You can always hit ctrl-z to go back. But you will see a visual line to guide you anyway.


4.) Next, Go to Select %26gt; Inverse (Ctrl + Shift + I) and Hit Delete to remove border area. Now De-Select(Ctrl + D)


5.) Create a layer, Layer %26gt; New and fill it with a color of your choice. (Be sure to move it under the new image layer).


Have fun!How do I get rounded edges on my picture in photoshop?
Use selection tool





Set feather to ~ 5-7 (play around with it)





Select the part of the image you want to use





invert the selection (Shift+Ctrl+I)





Press ';Delete'; on your keyboard





invert again





Image -%26gt; Crop





If you are using photoshop 6 or above - just switch to imageready. There is a 'rounded rectangle selection' tool, which lets you adjust the rounding of the corners. use this to select the bits of the image you want to keep, use %26gt;select %26gt; inverse and hit delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment